Grocery Cart Sundays

I don't know why, but I love to read what other bloggers are buying at the grocery store.

Yeah. I guess you could say I'm obsessed with food ... but I 'think' I have a healthy relationship with it ;-)

So, with that said, I thought, what the heck, I'll try to share my weekly grocery trips ... and if everything is going according to plan, you would even get a picture or two ... but of course, things don't always go as planned ... but this week, I DO have pics!

A bonus for me to share weekly is to keep my grocery budget in check (hopefully!) *My goal for 2016 is $100 per person, per month. That's $300.00 a month, based on my household right now. I need to figure out how to add in the additional visitors, friends, family members that frequently come for dinner and happy hours ... but that is my intended upcoming budget! Oh ... and possible Whole30 to boot in January for two of us!



2 stops this week. TWO. And I realized that we are down to ONE roll of toilet paper ... how is that possible?? That's the first thing on the new grocery list for the week ahead!

The good news is that I did spend a minimal amount ... and would have been within that $75 a week/$300 a month budget ... imagine that!

Here's what I picked up this week:

Walmart - I did the Savings Catcher and got a whole two cents back. Not sure if Price Matching or Savings Catcher is better ... thoughts anyone? Both? 

Tide $8.99 (this is where my 2 cents came from)
5 pound bag of frozen strawberries $9.74
18 count large eggs $4.38
loaf of cheapy white bread $1.58
2 20 count pantyliners .97 each
bananas $2.34
2 6 pks of english muffins $1.97 each
bag of potato sticks $3.98
cilantro .98 cents
Cranberry juice $2.00
Orange Juice $3.00
Milk $3.64
Organic salad mix $5.98

Grand total $53.05 ... 

And then on Friday night, in the pouring down rain (5 plus inches!), I opted to stop at Trader Joes for buns and a few other things for the dinner that evening ... the parking lot is smaller and the store is smaller so I figured I'd be more likely to stay on track AND not get drenched ... I was right!


1 lb bag of organic limes $2.49 
head of iceburg lettuce $1.29
pkg of burger buns $2.49
1 large tomato .79 cents
pk of mint wafer cookies (to die for!) $3.49 (totally spontaneous)
2 bags of handcut fries $1.99 each
2 boxes of mac & cheese $2.99 each (for boy and Hubby)

Grand total $20.51. Uhm, yea, I was pretty darn happy about that! They didn't have any of the riced cauliflower otherwise I would have had another $10 added on but that's ok!

Total for the week is $73.56 ... I would be ahead by $1.44!! 

Of course, had I been shopping with an empty pantry and freezer there's no way these 2 trips would have made meals for 7 days with 3 people so I'm curious to see how a $75 week budget would really play out ... we shall see ;-)

Question:  do you count your laundry soap, paper products, feminine products, etc as part of your grocery budget or do you break them out? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs