Turkey & Cabbage Salad with Almond Butter Dressing

Hey hey ... it's been a little while since I've shared a recipe, let alone a NEW recipe ... so what better time than when I'm sure everyone is dealing with excessive amounts of turkey!

As always, we have WAY too much Thanksgiving turkey left over and I'm trying to think of other ways to use it up ... because, honestly? I'm not a huge turkey fan ... even when it's fried like we do ... so I have to get a little more creative as to what to do with it!


This fit the bill perfectly and even better was that I had EVERYTHING on hand to make lunch on Saturday! Score!!

Yes, I will be making this again for lunch this week and heck, I might even grab one of the mini bags of turkey out of the freezer to do so!

Here's what you need:

Chopped or shredded cabbage with carrots, etc ... in other words, a bag of coleslaw will work perfect!
cooked chicken, chopped, or in my case, cooked turkey
cucumbers, chopped (leftover from veggie tray on Thursday)
red or any color peppers, chopped (leftover from veggie tray on Thursday)

Ahem ... this was picked up at Costco a few weeks back and I've been eyeing it 
for the past week to make sure it was still edible. Thankfully, it was! 
I tossed the packets of dressing as I didn't need them

Now, time to make the dressing which really is the star of the salad!

1/3 cup almond butter (make sure you stir it well otherwise it will be real stiff)
garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tbs white wine vinegar
juice of one lime
2 tbs coconut aminos
4 tbs avocado oil (or olive oil), enough to make the dressing a little pourable
salt and pepper to taste

Just so you know, coconut aminos are pretty similar to soy sauce ... and since I'm sort of/kind of back on Paleo/Whole30, this was fitting the Whole30 bill to a T.

 
                                  Whole Foods                                           Costco

Dump all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to combine.

Toss your cabbage mixture into a bowl (serving size or larger to share), top with cucumbers, peppers and chopped turkey. Pour the dressing over all and toss to combine. Honestly? I used my bare hands as my dressing was still a little to thick ... I ended up adding more oil to the dressing to make it thinner.

This was really really good and I'm pretty excited to make it again for lunch Monday!

What are YOU doing with all your leftover turkey??

Looking forward to sharing with some of these GREAT Parties ... go check them out!

Comments

  1. Looks like a good recipe for using up leftover turkey. Thanks for sharing! Pinning and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat idea! Wow...this sounds so tasty!

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop. pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs