Grocery Cart Sundays

I don't know why, but I love to read what other bloggers are buying at the grocery store.

Yeah. I guess you could say I'm obsessed with food ... but I 'think' I have a healthy relationship with it ;-)

So, with that said, I thought, what the heck, I'll try to share my weekly grocery trips ... and if everything is going according to plan, you would even get a picture or two ... but of course, things don't always go as planned ... and again, this was one of those weeks with NO pictures :-(

A bonus for me to share weekly is to keep my grocery budget in check (hopefully!)


There was a lot of money spent on groceries this past week and not a whole LOT of food that came in ... I think I need to just avoid the stores for the next week or so!

Costco found its way on my circuit this past week ... we can blame the Boy for that ... he had a few things he wanted to get, as I did, and we went one night after work ... spent more than I wanted, $235 ... and granted, the Boy did give me cash, it still hit the so-called budget a little harder than I wanted.

Then I did a quick stop at Whole Foods one night to pick up some salad stuff and apples. And Tessemae's salad dressing. And before you know it, that bill was $28.

AND ... this morning, on my way back from visiting my dad, Hubby's texting me that we need milk. Fine, let me swing in to Whole Foods since it was the easiest store to pull in, park, shop, check out, and leave ... $88 later. Obviously, way more than just milk was purchased:

salad mix $2.50
honeycrisp apples $9.34 (uhm, yes, as long as they are tasting THIS good, I will spend $3.99 a pound)
1 lb black forest ham $11.10
2 pkgs of chicken wings $6.68 and $6.75
3 pks of sugar free bacon $7.99 each (oops. Should not have bought)
Tessemaes Lemon Garlic dressing $4.99 (I'm addicted, need to find a copycat that works)
pk of meyer lemons (for above recipe runs) $5.99
gallon of milk $3.59
3 bars of dark chocolate $2.50 each
bottle of baby shampoo $5.99

While visiting my dad, my nose was runny. Then at Whole Foods, I started with a cough. By the time I started the car to leave the parking lot, eyes were watery ... and I have a cold. Really. Just like that!

There you have it ... $345 for the week (I just counted on my fingers TWICE to make sure that was true!) and it's only the FIRST week of the new month and we still have the holiday and a birthday to deal with! 

I think I will go make some Benihana Onion Soup that uses NONE of the ingredients purchased this week ;-)

How about you? How's your grocery budget holding up??

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs