Pampering the Hands

My hands have NOT been bothering me as much lately and I would like to think that perhaps it has something to do with the Whole30 way I've been eating. Then again, I may have just jinxed myself, right?

Don't get me wrong, they still hurt. But it would seem that some of the swelling has gone down, and I've not taken ANY Aleve in 3 weeks (its a miracle, I tell you!) but have popped one of Hubby's anti-inflammatory pills a few times. Which, by the way, is perfectly fine for me to take NOW that I'm not consuming alcohol. 

So I a few days ago, I went back and did something that I've not done in quite a while.

Yes, I DID do it consistently for oh, about, 2 months. Then life stepped in and got busy and I got distracted and just set aside that nightly routine.

Hand Scrubbing. Which really, should be Hand Soothing. Or, how about, just plain ole Pampering the Hands?

All you need is: Baking soda and Coconut Oil.



Uh huh. Again. My two favorite things.

I don't pre-make the stuff, although I'm starting to think maybe I should.

I just put a small scoop of coconut oil in my hand and then a small scoop of baking soda on top, rub the hands together and just massage, massage, massage away. Basically as if I'm washing my hands ... It makes your hands come to life, honestly!

Once you have thoroughly rubbed your hands together and they are nice and tingly, rinse with warm water and wash with soap. Pat dry and admire how soft your hands are now.

This is good for ME in that it gets the blood circulating and appears to temporarily reduce the swelling.

Go ahead, give yourself a little pampering for 5 minutes tonight. You'll thank me later!

Looking forward to sharing with some of these GREAT Parties ... go check them out!

Comments

  1. This was the most intriguing link on the Hearth and Soul blog hop -- had to check it out! Now I can't wait to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic idea! It's natural, soothing and frugal too. Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop. I'll be featuring your post in next week's edition!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs