Frugal Tip - Freezing Bread

It's been a while since I've done a Frugal Tip ... so here you go!

I bought a large loaf of UDI's gluten free bread from Costco a while ago knowing full well that no one but ME would most likely be eating it ... and of course, I try not to eat a whole lot of bread ... so what's a girl to do?

Freeze it!

But, oops, have you seen the insides of my freezers? No way a whole loaf was going to get squished in any of them, not to mention, I sort of wanted to protect this pricey bread from freezer burn AND be able to use a little as I go along ... not the whole loaf.

Brainstorm!

Remember those sandwich bags I picked up to freeze the chicken breast?

Remember the concept behind freezing the chicken breast individually?

Yup, applied the same thought process to freezing the bread.



I simply froze 2 slices in each baggie. Folded them close and stuck them in a LARGE freezer style ziploc bag and stored that bag in the door of the garage freezer.



Sweet.

So now, when I get the urge to have toast, generally after a night of drinking unhealthy beverages, I just grab a little baggie, toss it on the counter for about 15 minutes and then toss it in the toaster while my eggs and bacon are cooking away .... 


Sweet!

Honestly, this is really a no-brainer and I would highly recommend it for those of you who have bread that goes bad in the pantry (here, here, it seems no one eats bread and then when they DO want some, it's a science project gone bad) ... I can't believe I didn't think of this before!

*This was great when I was doing the Pantry / Freezer Challenge in July as I had bread!!*

Do you freeze your bread?

Check out some of the parties I'm looking to share this great tip with!

Comments

  1. I have been know to freeze bread to as I am the only one that like wholemeal. Thanks Jan for linking up to Pin Worthy Wednesday, I have pinned your post to the Pin Worthy Wednesday Pinterest Board. - great tip to freeze them in two slices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to do this! I HATE wasted food--especially my special bread! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs