Balsamic Roast ... Crockpot Style

I made those awesome stuffed peppers again the other night and thought to myself how expensive of a meal it was because I BOUGHT the roast beef instead of making it. I don't know how to make a roast beef, so heck, may as well google Pinterest it and see whats out there ...

Which led me to this recipe.

Yeah. Sort of off track but yummy enough that I had it in the crock pot on that lovely, noisy Sunday afternoon.


We were having our master bath shower redone ... it's been having slight mold issues for a while and Hubby was insisting that it was coming from the backside ... he was right. I hope I never have to see something like that ever again (it actually makes me certain that's what my sinus issues were at night! I've not had anything since!) ...

So anyways, because the house was so busy and the noise was just grating on my nerves, I figured a crock pot meal would keep me from bitching at begging Hubby to take me out for dinner  ...



I had a sirloin roast, almost 3 lbs, in the freezer. Just dumped it in the crock pot, frozen hunk of meat that it was ... That thing was $18 originally, which about made me keel over when I saw the price of it ... thankfully it was a mark down and a beautiful hunk of meat.

Here's what you need:

3 to 4 lb hunk of beef (any sort will do, chuck roast is acceptable!)
1 cup of beef broth
1/2 cup balsamic (hey, do me a favor, don't buy the cheap, watery stuff, buy some mid grade stuff, it matters!)
1 tbs honey
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
4 cloves of garlic, chopped



Ready for the instructions? Measure all in a large measuring cup (I used a 2 cup glass), mix, and dump over the roast.

Put on the lid.

Set it for low for 6 to 8 hours.

Walk away and forget about it til dinner time.

Linking up with some of these GREAT parties ... go check them out!  Not Bad Sunday, Sundae Scoop, Nifty Thrifty Sunday, Mop It Up Monday, Mangia Monday, On The Menu Monday, Creative Monday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Made By You Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Show Me What You Got, , Hunk of Meat Monday, Meatless Monday, Marvelous Mess, Mealtime Monday, Mix and Mingle, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, On The Menu Monday, What’d You Do This Weekend, I Gotta Try That Mondays, Clever Chicks, Creative Corner Blog Hop, Monday Mania, Make Your Own Monday, Mix it Up Monday, Dinner Time Recipes, Tempt My Tummy, Tuesday At The Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Timeout, Handmade Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, How To Tuesday, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Teach Me Tuesdays, Tuesday Talent Show, Teach Me Tuesdays, Memories, Tiny Tip Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Penny Pinching Party, The Gathering Spot, Anti-Procrastination Tuesdays, Kitchen Tip Tuesdays, Domestically Divine Tuesday, Frugal Tuesday Tip, Show Me What Ya Got, Show Me What You Got, Work It Wednesday, What's Cooking Wednesday, Show and Tell, Wheat Free Wednesday, Whatcha Whipped Up, Its a Party!, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Homemade By You, Lil Luna Link Party, What We Wore/Read/Made, Whole Foods Wednesday, Whole Food Wednesdays, Healthy 2Day Wednesday, Hearth and Soul, Super Link Party, Ultimate Recipe Swap, Full Plate Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Crafty Thursday Obsessions, Frugal Food Thursday, Somewhat Simple, Showcase Your Talent, Simple Lives Thursday, Thursdays Treasures, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Freakin Did It Friday, Show Your Stuff, Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Foodie Friday, Get Real Frugal Friday, Friday Link Party, Friday Foodfight, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Weekend Warmth, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Show and Tell Saturday, Feature Yourself Saturday, I Gotta Create, Strut Your Stuff Saturday, Saturday Link& amp; Greet, Saturday Show & Tell, Super Saturday Show & Tell, Say G'day Saturday

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs