Happy Hour Friday - Orange Dreamsicles

Ohh...I loved them things when I was a kid ... we would wait for the ice cream truck EVERY STINKIN SATURDAY and beg my parents for the quarter ... Pushups and Orange Dreamsicles were my favs ...

And even as an adult, if I'm given a choice, yes, I will have the pushup please :-) ... and LOOK, now I found an adult beverage that taste a LOT like a dreamsickle.

And look, it uses the WHIPPED vodka (thankfully as I do not want to drink it straight!) .... so grab that blue bottle of yumminess and get crackin!

2 oz whipped vodka (Pinnacle is what I have but I thought I saw another brand putting it out now)
2 oz orange juice (um, personally, I HATE pulp and would strongly discourage it in a cocktail)
2 oz lemon lime soda (I used sierra mist as that's what I had on hand)
splash of grenadine

  

  



Umm....easy. Add ice to a large shaker or glass. Pour in the ingredients. Stir or shake (I personally am a shaker so I shake)

Strain into tall glass with ice. Garnish with slice of orange and cherry (all I had were mini oranges).




I also poured mine into a large mouth wine glass as it's easier for me to hold (the tall glass got a little frosty and about slipped out of my hand!!)




Sip, say yummm and give a toast!

Remember, I encourage you to always drink responsibly and PLEASE do not drink and drive!

Looking to link up with these great blog parties: Mop It Up Monday, Mangia Monday, Creative Monday, Melt In Your Mouth Monday, Show Me What You Got, Menu Plan & Blog Hop, Made By You Monday, Muffin Monday, Hunk of Meat Monday, Meatless Monday, Marvelous Mess, Mix and Mingle, Menu Planning, Making It Cuter, Motivated Monday, Whats In The Gunny Sack, Makin You Crave Monday, Tempt My Tummy, Made From Scratch, Tasty Tidbits, Tuesday At The Table, Tasty Tuesday, Tuesday Timeout, Handmade Tuesday, 2 Maids a Baking, Tuesday Kitchen Tips, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Frugal Tip Tuesday, Tuesday Talent Show, Made Famous By, What's Cooking Wednesday, Its a Party!, Show and Tell, Recipe Swap, Works For Me Wednesday, What's New Wednesday, Sugar and Spice, Whatever Goes Wednesday, Wednesday Whatsits, Homemade By You, Lil Luna Link Party, Ultimate Recipe Swap, What's Cooking Thursday, Show Your Stuff, Taste This Thursday, Thrifty Thursday, Frugal Food Thursday, Somewhat Simple, Frugal Fridays, Food on Friday, Anything Goes, Dwell on Fridays, Friday Foodfight, Foodie Friday, Simple Living Foodie Friday, Inspirations, Weekend Wander, Simply Delicious Saturday, Weekly Roundup, Feature Yourself Saturday, Not Bad Sunday, Potluck Party, Sunday Showcase, Savory Sunday, Sundae Scoop

Comments

  1. i need it now! looks good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were really good but I may have had one too many :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs