Time for a Costco Trip!

Yes, I am flying out for 5 days ... but Hubby and Princess still need to eat ... and well, some of the stuff last way longer than 5 days :-) ... so it was justified. Not to mention, I had to steal a roll of tp from the guest bath because we were OUT. How could that be? I mean, the joke always is that as long as I shop at Costco we will never ever run out of tp ... guess what? We came mighty close!!

So I had a list. And my debit card. And really, I know, I should have done cash. But at least I left the American Express out of the picture ... it's going to have flight and car rental stuff on it AGAIN. Uggg.

So here's what I got:

Dish soap, Kirkland brand $7.99
Bath tissues, Kirkland brand $17.99
Milk $2.99
Kcups (80 ct) $37.99
Kcups (54 ct, tea & lemonade) $29.99
2 20 piece white china dinner sets $39.99 each
black pepper $5.39
half and half $1.59 (thankfully they've gone back to the smaller sizes)
3 dozen xlarge eggs $4.05 (price increase!)
b/s chicken thighs ($1.99/lb) $15.08
4 pk ground 93/7 turkey ($2.39/lb) $16.96
lb of coastal cheddar $6.99
Honeynut Cheerios $6.99 (Hubby was ready to revolt)
2 Hillshire thin slice turkey $8.39 each (whats up with the smoked turkey? haven't seen last 2 times)
black forest lunchmeat $6.97 and $6.75..
hard salami $5.27
5 lbs tomatoes $6.99
twin pack printer ink $66.99 (yikes, didn't see that price!)
2 cashew crunch snack things $10.99 each
6 pk romaine $3.99

Total $379.98 ... now, technically, food was only about $225 or so as the dishes were $80 and the ink was $67.

NOW. I had picked up 2 tshirts and a pair of dress shorts for Hubby on one of the clearance carts. Tshirts were $6 each and shorts were $5. They rang up as $12.99, $12.99 and $29.99. Had to pay for the rest of stuff and ran back, grabbed the sign off the cart and came back up ... ran into a manager in process and he agreed that it should have rang up correct prices. $18.02 total for that too. So yeah, $400 day ... ugg.

So, I'm saying I've spent $225 on food already for the month. That gives me about $125 left ... should NOT be a problem BUT the air & sea show is the end of the month AND my dad is going to be here for a few weeks most likely ... so yeah, I can probably still pull off the $30 or so a week for the rest of the month. I actually NEED to make that happen since we will have to put out a big chunk of change for Dad to get in the Assisted Living place ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs