Freezer Meal Qualifier?


I've wanted to dabble in freezer cooking for so very long, but just don't have the room in the freezers to do so. Well, I suppose I could thaw the stuff, cook it up and refreeze it, but I do believe that's not politically food safe?

So when I can pull stuff out of the freezer and toss it all together with somewhat minimal fuss, I'm so very excited! I sort of, kind of, did a freezer meal!!

This turned out to be a pretty darn good italian dinner that was ready in LESS THAN 30 MINUTES. The time it took to bring the water to a boil and cook the pasta.

Red Sauce (Hubby had made this back in late January I believe)


Salad in a jar (free from Architect at office, they had a catering job and tons of salad leftover from Panera Bread, so they gave me the large bowl)



Frozen (thawed) italian bread with butter and a heavy garlic and herby mix spread over top



And you have a pretty quick yet yummy dinner



Did you know that you can freeze pasta that's already cooked? Just let it cool, put in a ziploc bag (or other freezer safe container) and toss in the freezer. To use, let it thaw and heat up a bit in some hot water and you will be good to go in even less time. Unfortunately, I didn't have any premade stuff in the freezer, but that was ok as everything else was ready to go!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs