Catching Up, Happy Mother's Day and other news

I'm back from my trip to Vegas.

It was great and I can't wait to do it again.

Happy Mother's Day also.

My Mother In Law called me this afternoon at 1pm. I was on my way to Costco. She was calling to say Happy Birthday, Happy Mother's Day and just all around how was the trip as she loves the place.

We chatted for about 30 minutes, and then I told her that I needed to go in the store and know that the reception was sketchy in there and I would call her back this evening. She was all excited about the chance to get out on the patio and sit in the sun for awhile since her big foot surgery 4 1/2 weeks ago.

4:30 my Hubby gets a call from his brother, but Hubby says he will call him back and does not answer it.

6pm Hubby calls his brother back after listening to the voice mail message that said Mom was on her way to the hospital via ambulance (they live in the boonies so this is odd).

6:20pm, brother calls back and says that she has passed.

How can that be??

7:10 I am dropping Hubby off at the airport.

Audrey, you really were a GREAT trooper and did things above and beyond what any of us ever expected or wanted but she always felt it was best to do more than you think you need.

I am still sitting here asking myself why she called me when she did.

I am still in shock.

My Hubby is so very unemotional at the moment. Shock? YES. We haven't even been back home 24 hours yet and he is heading north to be with his family and attempt to help his dad and brother deal with this. Me and the kids will head up when we know what the arrangements are going to be.

Rest in Peace dear Audrey. We love you and will miss you so very much.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs