Fish / Fry Batter / Breading

I have to laugh because my sister and brother in law celebrate their anniversary every year (December) by having a Fry Night. Not very romantic (to me) and well, a little smelly and messy too! :) But then again that is just me!

This past anniversary, we were lucky in that we got to participate. Being up in the Midwest during a snowy winter, the frying is done INSIDE (which I would never dream of doing here in Florida!) and it became an all around family affair!

As my brother in law is a HUGE fishing guy and provides well for his family with his skills, there was plenty of fish fish to be fried, along with onion rings, mushrooms and shrimp. My sister in law used the same batter for ALL. And I must say, rather impressive!! I remember grabbing the card and writing down on a scrap piece of paper which I came across the other day while going through all my recipes ...

3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup water
1 eggs.

Mix all, dip (let sit for a few seconds), let drip, fry and enjoy!

Anyone else have any great breading for frying up?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs