BLT Pizzas - California Kitchen like

My kids love this stuff. Ummmm. I suppose I should clarify and say that the MINI-ADULTS like this stuff when they go to California Kitchen Pizza joint/place.

I also keep forgetting that they aren't really considered kids any longer at 18 and 20. AND I keep forgetting it's no longer my responsibility to make sure they are clothed (appropriately) and fed ... some habits are so hard to get over :)

So. Anyways. Because I HAD to feed them, and because I'm still trying to maintain my Mom Of The Year status for a little longer, I made it.

For the dough, I used the basic recipe from Tammys Recipes for her Papa Murphys pizza. (If you haven't checked out her site, you really should, there are some stellar recipes there and every single one I've tried has been spot on.

In my bread maker, I added
1 cup warm water (115 degrees)

Then in a bowl, I mixed:
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups all-purpose flour or bread flour

Poured that in with the water, and then topped with
1 pkg active dry yeast

Turn on the machine to dough cycle. Important that you don't leave ... once its done mixing and kneading, you are going to turn off the machine, it's not going to go through the rise cycle, ok? :)

With buttery buttery hands, spread the dough out on a well greased baking sheet/pizza pan. Seriously, the more grease/butter on your hands, the better ... its a fairly soft, mushy, sticky dough.

In a measuring glass, measure out 1 cup of ranch dressing, add a clove or so of finely diced garlic. Mix well.

Spread the ranch over the dough (yummm). Sprinkle bacon (in my case, bacon bits since I have the Costco size bag of real bacon bits) and then top with some mozz. cheese and then sprinkle with small diced tomatoes. At this point you can add more cheese if you want (perhaps cheddar next time).

Bake this at 450 degrees for about 20 minutes. After you remove, top the pizza with shredded lettuce  .... and there you go, BLT Pizzas!

*Next time I think I'll leave a little of the ranch to drizzle over after adding the lettuce to make it "stick" more ... but other wise, delicious ... and sorry, no pics!

Comments

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog; I had to come check yours out. I *love* anything even remotely BLT related, so I'm definitely going to give this a try! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs