Reaching Out

I admit it, I'm very very bad with staying in touch with old friends.

It's not like when they are out of sight, out of mind, but, I have a pretty full, busy, all time consuming life.

Hmmm. That DOES sound like an excuse.

I have a few close friends. I have a lot of acquaintances.

I have a few OLD friends, which yes, at this point in my life, OLD both in age and time :)

Saturday night, as Hubby and I were sitting out on the patio enjoying the view and weather, we were listening to Sirius radio, something like Classic Rewind or whatnot, and REO Speedwagon came on ... "Take It On The Run". Oh my, the memories came flooding to my mind. I could remember it clear as day.

Sitting in the Diary Queen parking lot.

With my very best friend, Jules. Jules, who was at the other end of my umbilical cord. We were so very very close. Total opposites as far as our upbringing and such. But the very best friends forever. In her old silver firebird (her first car that we managed to total one Saturday afternoon...luckily we were both ok, young and stupid!).

It's been probably 10 years since I've seen Jules. And probably 4 years since I've spoken to her.

She's gotten married to a greek dude recently. Well, within the last 4 years. I know this because her big brother is also a very close friend of Hubby. Small town USA :)

So as soon as that song was on and the memories popped up, I grabbed my cell phone, scrolled through the 100 plus names and numbers and SURPRISE! There was a number for her (you never know if the number REALLY is on that SIMS card when you swap a new phone, you know??) ... No, I didn't CALL her (hey, I've had a few drinks), but I did send her a text message.

And she sent one back. And asked if I was on face book.

Oh....not really. I mean I am. But not actively. I refuse to get sucked into all that time consuming stuff :) Which goes back to the very beginning of this post :)

So...this week, BEFORE the big Turkey day, I will be calling Jules one evening to chat and catch up ... you know a life long friend when you can just pick up as if you were speaking yesterday when in reality it's been 4 plus years ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs