My cheaper breakfast alternative

Ok, if you've been reading me for a while, you know I have a weakness for Burger King ... specifically in the mornings on my way to work when I'm tired, had too much too drink, hungry or just generally don't feel well.

I always, always, ALWAYS buy the same thing ...  A number one value size with a coke.

For those who do not frequent BK often (GOOD FOR YOU!!) that would be a sausage patty, egg, cheese croissant, side of hash round things and a small coke.

Total cost? $4.24 now. Was $3.89. Before that, a few years ago it was like $2.99 total.

So it's expensive. And the coke is usually flat. And the hashbrowns are cold. Just cruddy stuff, but fills my tummy in a time of need.  And don't even ask me about the calories and the fat content.

Well. Check this out:


I figure that cost me about $1.05 at the MOST.  The little can of soda? 7.5 oz, 90 calories. The bread? Pepperidge Farm Sourdough, B1G1F, $3.59 (2 loaves), eggs are $2.99 for 3 dozen and cheese is tilamook cheese that I paid $5.99 (something close to that) ... bacon was $12.99 for 1 lb of precooked stuff (figure 50 slices?)  It made my tummy very very happy this morning, and I still have that $5 in my wallet!

And guess what, I "think" it would be substantially lower in fat and calories just because it was cooked at HOME with Pam for the egg and light butter (yes, I do use it) and such ...
PS - yes, that is my desk at work. What a sorry state it is in at the moment. All the bosses are out and I hope to be able to clear it before I leave .... an hour or two early too? AND yes, I did take that picture with the cell phone ...

Linked in over at Life As Mom Frugal Fridays (if you haven't checked out her site yet, you must, it's one of the first ones I hit every morning!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs