Grilled Tomatoes

Saturday night, we had some friends over for dinner. Hubby was in charge which usually makes me very happy.

His plan was spinach stuffed chicken breast cooked on the grill AND grilled tomatoes.

Ummmm....Honey, can we just do the tomatoes with mozzarella and balsamic like always? You know how much I love that ... nope. Not this time. He's determined to do something different.

Slice tomatoes thick, like 3 to 4 slices per tomato (we used 4 for 4 people)
Place on baking tray (cookie sheet)
drizzle with olive oil
sprinkle with a little bit of parsley/basil/herby stuff/black pepper
top with mozzarella cheese (I just happened to have thick slices of fresh mozzarella in fridge)
then top with bread crumbs.

Place on grill over medium high heat (baking sheet and all) and grill til cheese is bubbly.

Let cool a little and then eat.

I can't tell you how SURPRISED I was at how good these were. I'm not normally a whole tomato cooked kind of girl but these were to DIE for.

I'm linking up over at Beauty and Bedlam (really, Balancing Beauty and Bedlam but it sounds better!) Tasty Tuesday!

Comments

  1. Surprisingly, they were! We used some tomatoes that were very very ripe and needed to be put down quickly! I would definately make them again! Thanks for visiting (and you have some awesome giveaways!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs