Menu Plan Monday

It's another Manic Menu Plan Monday over at the Organizing Junkie. And Memorial Day to boot! A few weeks ago, I weighed myself at Publix when I went in to the store one Monday morning. You may not know it but I tossed out the bathroom scale a while ago because a) it was old, and the battery/digital thing was annoying me and b) it was never ever consistent. Well. I saw where the little needle ended. Shook my head, stepped off the scale, and went on my way. I didn't even bother denying it. I knew I had finally went over the top end number for me. Not by what the scale says, but by the way my current clothes fit and by the clothes I try on in stores fit (in other words, YES I do need to go the next size larger). BUT I've been in denial. I'm bloated. Oh, we ate big this weekend, etc. And you know, I'm the first one to say that after working out for a week, WOW can you see a difference, and you feel so much better. BUT I don't follow through on a consistent basis. Oh. I'm sorry. Are you asking what this has to do with Menu Plan Monday??? EVERYTHING! You see, I'm going low carb for the month of June. And, if at all possible, no alcohol, no beer, no nothing. Should NOT be hard as our best friends we hang out with mostly (and drink the most beer with) are in Colorado til mid July. AND the boat is STILL in the driveway (weekend boating equals yummy foods AND ice cold beer) ... AND, well, Hubby is joining me he says. So. That should make it 80% easier!!! Not the kids though, they will still be eating normal (damn skinny teens) ... As you know, the first 2 weeks of low carb is the "induction period" with 20 carbs TOTAL. That's not much at all. It's hard. But you can do it Check out this website (and don't forget to read her ongoing story about her husband, totally heartwrenching) and click on menus and then the induction menu. Pretty cool, huh? I'm following her plan for the 2 weeks ... maybe change it up a little here & there but for the most part, that will be my guideline. As for the kids, they will be eating too. Just normal stuff that will be part of my cooking low carb only with the carby stuff tossed in. If I know them, they will be raiding the freezer for the quick to prepare foods anyways ... Sunday - big bbq bash with a few friends and LOTS of teens. Burgers, dogs, brats, chicken, watermelon, strawberries, grapes, mac salad, potatoe salad, sesame noodle salad, asian cabbage slaw, etc. Oh, and lots of lemonade, vodka and beer (for adults) kids did their share on propel, water and gatorade ... Monday - last day of "normal" stuff ... finish off the food from the bbq weekend, salads, fruit trays, burgers, hot dogs, brats, chicken. Will also be cooking up extra stuff for the upcoming week *The following is my proposed plan BUT it may just be leftover meats from Sunday & Monday that fit in to the menus ... Tuesday - Day one of the low carb plan. Salsa Chicken (looks easy enough, and good in the picture!) Wednesday - Pork tenderloin. There is a basic recipe on the site but you know, it's really a no brainer to cook a tenderloin, so I'm going to leave it alone ... will probably do Mojo marinade. Thursday - Taco Salad Friday - Chicken & Shroom kabobs on the grill Saturday - Steak baby ... Not sure what you want to cook or eat? Hop on over to Organizing Junkie to check out hundreds of menu plans!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs