Who ARE You?

Recently, I was talking to a girlfriend of mine who made a confession that surprised me. She was slightly offended that her boyfriend of over a year did not introduce her as "My girlfriend, K..." Hmmm. This was really an issue for her.... That made me think. When I introduce my hubby, do I say, "my husband, M?" Or do I say "this is M, my hubby" ... or simply, hold his hand, arm, waist, etc, and say "this is M"? I think all 3 ... and then I thought of how he introduces me. First off, before I go any further into this conversation, you need to know a few things: he's my high school sweetheart, meaning, the honeymoon is way over... we know each other better than most people since we've spent over half our lives together... we are not touchy, feely, clingy (you know the type) and are very secure in being OURSELF yes, we do complete each other, but do NOT feel that our life is incomplete without the other (does that sound wrong??) When we go to a gathering, we do split up and meet again throughout the night, we do not stand and hold hands all night long. So...moving on. "Hi, this is J" with a little touch on my back, arm, etc. Does that bother me? No way. I mean, shoot. I am much more than just a wife. I'm a mom. I'm a daughter. I'm a friend. I'm a nemsis :) so hey, if you want a proper introduction, be sure to add allllll that in :) How do you like to be introduced?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs