sesame noodles

This is really an easy & fast recipe and gets rave reviews in my house. I've modified the heck out of the original recipe to suit what I had on hand ... 1 lb chinese noodles (I use angel hair pasta, even thin pasta) 2 tbs sesame oil 1/2 cup soy sauce, low sodium 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar 2 tbs sugar 2 tbs cilantro, chopped (this is optional) 1 tbs ginger root, grated (or dry, or the stuff in a tube) 1 tsp hot chili oil (I never have this, use crushed red pepper flakes, or the stuff in tube, never have I used the oil though) 1 cup green onions (have never measured, just take a handful from plant & cut) 1 cup pea pods (I use snow peas) *I also add in a couple of tbs of sesame seeds that I toasted in skillet *Thin sliced red peppers are good too Cook pasta. Drain & rinse in cold water. In large bowl, mix remaining ingredients EXCEPT green onions & pea pods. Put pasta in bowl & toss to coat. Add green onions & pea pods, toss to coat. Sprinkle the sesame seeds over top if using. Best if chilled before eating.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Non Toxic Mosquito Spray

Smelly Shoe Fix!

Rice Cooker - Hard Boiled Eggs